Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ashter
    • Mar 2003

AVI's playing upside down!

Ive been having some problems with playback on most of my avi/divx files, where they all play upsidedown. The codecs I have installed are

3IVX
    AC3
    DivX 503
    DivC 3.11 Alpha
    SMR Fix Patch
    Xivd
    Moonlight Odio Dekoda
    Moonlight WinDivX Decoder Filter

In GSpot, the direct show render says its using the Moonlight codecs to play the files, and says they are installed properly, but yet they still play upside down. The video format codec says its using "Divx3 low motion" which is an Mpeg4 codec, and it says this is installed aswell. Yet I still have problems.

I have tried reinstalling windows and reinstalling the codecs and it still didnt work. I am using Win2000 Pro, at first I tried this with windows media player ver7.1 and then I upgraded the ver9 and still no go.

Your help is much appricated. Thanks!
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Grab FFDShow Filter at http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html
    Install it and configure using configuration at start menu. At misceleaneous menu check flip video. Click apply or OK button
    Then playback your upside down AVI movie Grab FFDShow Filter at http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html
    Install it and configure using configuration at start menu. At misceleaneous menu check flip video. Click apply or OK button
    Then playback your upside down AVI movie !
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you have DivXG400 installed, remove it...

Comment

• Ashter
        • Mar 2003

Thanks alot for your help guys

setarip, I dont seem to have that G400 codec installed

alcskid, I used that program and it is flipping the video great, so I can just unclick when I have a normal video working. Really nice tool, thanks alot for your help!

Thanks guys much appricated!

Comment

• McLars
          • Mar 2003

By doing this my player worked fine:

Using MediaPlayer 9, Win XP

1. Uninstall all installed divx codecs ( I mean ALL)
          2. Restart machine
          3. Install FFDshow with ONLY the XVid option.
          4. Install Nemo 5.0 Build 9 with basic components, and include all audio codecs and all directshow filters but Ffdshow. Under video codec leave out XviD at least.

If you have problems with green faces etc, try to remove FFDshow and install another (newer) xvid decoder. (but I haven't got any solution....)

If anybody know the solution to this, please reply!!!

If picture flips up side down, try excluding some of the ds filters (I let out morgan, logo, bicubic and moonlight. I'm not sure if this was the solution to the flip problem, but it worked... I also
          only installed basic video options. DivXPro503 was not installed, and haven't installed it yet eather, not sure if I need it at all.

Comment

Working...