Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nighthawk
    • Mar 2003

Divx 4.12 problem

My finished Divx movie seems to have these small blocks of red and blue color that pop spradically. Can anyone tell me what these are? And how to get rid of them.

I am using VirtualDub, Divx 4.12 codec at 1000kbps. The avi file I bring in with avisynth/crop/reduce by two/bicubic resize(352,240) and the only filter I use in VD is 2d cleaner checked at interlace and the default settings of 3 and 1.

The final movie looks great except for these small color blocks that come up.

One more thing the original avi file is DV captured through a canopus ADVC 100.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Upgrade to DivX 5.x or XviD . . .

Comment

• nighthawk
      • Mar 2003

divx 4.12 problem

How will that help exactly? Do you know what those small sporadic blocks of color are that pop up.

Thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: divx 4.12 problem

Originally posted by nighthawk
        How will that help exactly? Do you know what those small sporadic blocks of color are that pop up.

Thanks
        Given that DivX 4.x has never been a good codec in terms of quality and features, moving on the the more recent DivX 5 should help you get an improvement on the result and possibly avoiding the said problem.

No idea though about those blocks of colours. Never had such problems before. Would you happen to be running the desktop at 16-bit colour?

Comment

• nighthawk
          • Mar 2003

divx 4.12 problem

Yes I am running the desktop at 16bit.

Could it be the kbps that I'm compressing the movie at? Or would just plain upgrading the codec solve the problem?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Re: divx 4.12 problem

Originally posted by nighthawk
            Yes I am running the desktop at 16bit.
            Seems to be the cause of the problem.

Run your desktop at 32-bit colour. The DivX 4/5 codecs do not display properly at lower colour depths.

Comment

• nighthawk
              • Mar 2003

divx 4.12 problem

I downloaded the the latest divx 5 codec and switched the desktop to 32bit. When I played the movie back I still get these flecks of red and blue colors. The only way to describe them would be like twinkling lights that appear sporadically all over the movie.

Comment

Working...