X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rich novak
    • Mar 2003

Not Even Sure Where To Post This...

hey all.

i want to take video from my mini dv camera and put it on a cd in a format that windows media player can play. this is not at all a professional movie i'm doing, just some simple video mail i can send around the globe to my honey.

i'm just looking to see what the basic, standard, plays-on-any-machine format is. is it mpeg? mpeg2? i have no idea! i just want her to be able to drop the cd into a laptop and be able to watch my message, instead of reading what i wrote on a letter.

being that i'm ignorant about all this stuff, i chose general discussions to post this message in. if i knew exactly where to post it, i probably wouldn't even need to post the question

ren
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Well here ya go
    MOST DVDs will play in standalone DVD players and they will play in DVD roms

SVCD will play in most new standalone DVD players along with the software DVD players on your computer.

VCD - This will play on most new standalone DVD players and Windows Media Player. This burns on a CD-R(W)

You can use TMPGEnc or DVD2SVCD to encode AVI into (S) VCD. This burns on a CD-R(W)

Or you can just burn the AVI or Mpeg file to a CD normally and she can play it on a computer

Comment

• rich novak
      • Mar 2003

thanks! that sounds like good info to me!

Comment

Working...