Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryoong01
    • Apr 2003

ogm playback help?

So I got a ogm dvd rip (hero 2002 rip), and at first I could not play the file, looked around got the ogm filter and it played fine in windows media player 9, everything was great. Then I tried to open the file with quicktime and Nividia nvDVD 2.0 to try to find out information about the video stream. And that where everything got messed up. I think I first tried with NvDVD and the video was all garbled, like the horizontal and verticle sync were gone. I think quicktime refused to open the file. So I go back to WMP 9, but now it opens up the file just like nvDVD did, with terrible video but sound and subtitles are fine.

I thought there was a problem with the file association so i deinstalled nvDVD and quicktime, no luck. still playes all messed up. I have removed and redownloaded my xvid codec, the ogg direct show filter, ffdshow. still no luck. I even went ahead and re-downloaded the dvd rip agian . and It still will not play right anymore. I've tried a few other media players suck as zoom and bsplayer still no improvement. So any ideas how to fix this? I'm guessing there is sometihng wrong with the registry but i have no clue. My other divx and xvid video files all play fine right now.

win xp Pro sp1
    dvix 5.03 pro
    xvid (whatever the "stable" version is, linked from digital digest)
    latest ffdshow

I guess I can post screen shots of how the video plays if that helps, but I don't know what to use to capture them.
    Last edited by ryoong01; 3 Apr 2003, 12:19 PM.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Load the file into WMP6.4, select File->Properties->advanced, and post the filters, that shows up in the 'Filters in use' list.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• ryoong01
      • Apr 2003

filters in use:
      Default DirectSound Device
      DirectVobSub (auto loading version)
      ffdshow MPEG-4 video decoder
      Ogg Spliter
      Subtitle Mixer
      Video Renderer
      Vorbis Decoder

the file I am trying to play is xvid encoded.
      thanks agian...

Comment

• ryoong01
        • Apr 2003

After much trial and error it seems that vobsub 2.23 is to blame. Right now without it installed (and without tobias's subtitle filter) the video plays fine. Only problem is that I have no subs for the movie then. Once I install vobsub 2.23 and tobias's subtitle filter, the video goes to hell, but the subs work fine (video goes to hell without tobias's filter, but then I have no subs streeming from the ogm file...)

Am I supossed to instal everything in a certin order? Also note that right now I do not have FFdshow installed,

----------
        update:
        both vobsub and tobias's subtitle filter seem to cause problems with my system. If either or both is installed the video does not work. If it mater i have a ti40200 128 meg with 6.13.10.4109 drivers, they were current a month or two ago....

I seem to be able to use vobsub with non ogm files with no problems. While it would be nice to play ogm files the way they are I thought Iwould just demux them into avi and the sub file, so I tried to use the demux tool from http://cyrius.bunkus.org/ , I drag the file onto it, and a termial window pops up for a second and then disapears... No new files created... I'm getting nowhere with this problem...
        Last edited by ryoong01; 3 Apr 2003, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• HimeNoHogosha
          • Apr 2003

I have the same problem as you with the same video file, Hero 2002 .ogm. Unfortunately I'm just as lost and frustrated as you are. Anybody have any solutions? Please help

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

I would suggest that you try it with older version of vobsub, I have no clue about tobias's filter.

As for demuxing the ogm file to avi, you can do that by using either virtualdubmod or graphedit. Detailed instructions for both methods have been posted in other threads on this board, you should be able to find them using the search function.
            Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
            http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• ryoong01
              • Apr 2003

well I tried to demux the file with graph edit and problems are still abound....

using what knowlege I could peice together from searching for demux ogm on the forum....

I thought the bad video was coming from all the directshow submixers, that auto load with WMP, but in graphedit I was going to bypass them by demuxing the subs into their own file, and muxing the video and coverted audio into a .avi file (xvid avi play fine on my comp, with or without sub files) The output i get still has the bad video. (will try again without vobsub in my system)

when I get everything set up and push the play/go button it works for a little bit and gives me some timing error... i checked the file it outputed, 40 megs or so out of a 700 meg file...

I tried to save the sub stream from the ogg spliter, by connecting sub stream out to the in of a drectshow.filewriter filter. Anytime I connect the pins I get a error, and the program quits. I don't even know what format the subs are in, when i check the ogm file information from virtualdubmod it just says text stream I think. So I tried to save it as .txt file and as a .sub file, errors both times...

oh well, I guess i'm giving up on these files, even though they have great video (when it works) and I assume well timed subs. I have some other versions off of kazaa, but the video really isn't that great and I can't get the sub files that I find timed right... There's a hard coded english sub version out there somewhere....

But if anyone knows how to fix the problems with this ogm file then please post... btw this file is from http://www.torrentse.cx/
              file name: Hero.DVDRip.XViD-Ogg
              Last edited by ryoong01; 4 Apr 2003, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...