Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skoobie
    • Apr 2003

Sound Loses Sync only when Seeking

I am encoding a dvd with Xmpeg 5.0b (5.0.3.1) and divx pro 5.03. Basically I just encoded a whole movie (Ice Age) and when it finished xmpeg said something about there not being an audio data file, which I assumed meant the audio and video data files were joined automatically. When I play the movie back in Divx Player 2.0 everything seems fine until I seek ahead, upon which the sync becomes aggressively off. I can watch the movie all the way through from the beginning with no problems, its just when I seek to a different part of the movie does the sync problem happen. I'm going to reboot seeing as though I haven't since I installed xmpeg or the codecs, but I do not think this will fix my problem.
    Thanks =)
  • skoobie
    • Apr 2003

One more Factoid

I found if I stop the encoding short or copy over whatever's done so far at a surtain point before the movie is done encoding, then this problem doesn't exist, however the file isn't playable in windows media player, but it seems fine in Divx Player 2.0, I dunno if this helps anything... Thanks =)

Comment

• skoobie
      • Apr 2003

New encoding New Results

I just encoded a different movie and at the end it asked me if I wanted to continue with an audio data file because the audio stream was missing, and I said Yes this time instead of no, anyways I loaded up the new divx and it seeks fine so i'm goin to reencode Ice Age and see if it works ok =)

Comment

• skoobie
        • Apr 2003

Finding this problem again

Ok I am running into this problem with another movie now, but whats weird is, when I load the ifo, xmpeg crashes after like 2 seconds of processing, but if I load the vob it goes to the end of the movie (after like 3 hours of encoding) and then it crashes, and I have the sync problem. Any ideas? I'm thinking it has to do with when xmpeg asks me if I want to continue without any audio stream or whatnot, if I hit yes it works, if I hit no it doesn't, and if i'm not even given the option, it assumes no and has the sync problem.
        Thanks =)

Comment

Working...