Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenkeE
    • Apr 2003

Make a musicvideo from a DVD?

I want to make a music video from a dvd. (Want to take some clips from it and put them together with some music)
    But have troubles to get it right, tried lots of different approaches but all have been complicated and time consuming and with bad results. Premiere seems to be a good program but to work with, but vob files are not fun to use there! And to save the file in that program don't work so good for me either.
    So can anyone give me some tips what the easiest/quickest way to make a music video from a DVD is? High quality is important, also tips on wich codecs to use if I have to change the format is helpfull. The dream is to just select the clips I want save them on the harddrive as they are (vob) then use a program like premiere to arrange and edit the clips and add music and just save them.
    Last edited by HenkeE; 5 Apr 2003, 10:37 AM.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

I would just encode the video into a good quality AVI since you will have to do it anyways cut out the parts you don't want and save them as other files then join them in the order you want and all encoding will already be done

Comment

• krytonix
      • Apr 2003

I'm doing the same thing... the problem is that Premiere (6.0) is totally crapping out on me. I'm using multiple video tracks and adjusting their opacity to create transitions and overlays, but it won't render the changes in opacity for some reason. The weird thing is, it worked for me before (to some degree... still some difficulties), but now even after I've reinstalled Premiere won't work properly! I'm going to have to try different software.

Comment

Working...