Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realas
    • Jan 2003

360 & 330 MB avi converted with TMPGenc into MPEG-2 & got 911 & 730 MB

700 MB splitted with nandub into 370 and 330 MB and converted with TMPGEnc into MPEG-2 for SVCD. now i have 911 and 730 MB. do always such a big files appear or is some solution for this that to fit them into 2 CD's, not 3? or maybe is some programs for splitting mpeg-1 and mpeg-2?
    realas
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

You might want to check and see if the audio stream was CBR or VBR. If you try to encode a CBR audio stream with Video into a SVCD (MPEG-2) it will be very large. Otherwise try burning it anyways or decrease the bitrate

Comment

• Gusty
      • Apr 2003

But i use TMPGEnc tio convert an avi to svcd mpeg-2 with size of 340mb and i usually use cbr but when i use vbr the file size increse like for 400mb of the size with CBR. Why`s that?

Comment

• STEVE1232003
        • Jan 2003

Re: 360 & 330 MB avi converted with TMPGenc into MPEG-2 & got 911 & 730 MB

Originally posted by realas
        do always such a big files appear or is some solution for this that to fit them into 2 CD's
        Check the screen on TMPGENC before the one where you choose a filename, (Bitrates)

Here you need to type 700MB into the box which says "Estimated File Size".

It will then give you the best quality bitrate possible to fit (comfortably) on a CD. (taking into account the audio settings and all)

If you find the bitrate is something crap like 1200. Then maybe you check your audio frequency, (33000 Hz is normally adaquate instead of the normal 48000HZ, this should knock up your bitrate)

At least thats what i do.....

Good Luck

Steve........

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Re: 360 & 330 MB avi converted with TMPGenc into MPEG-2 & got 911 & 730 MB

Originally posted by realas
          700 MB splitted with nandub into 370 and 330 MB and converted with TMPGEnc into MPEG-2 for SVCD. now i have 911 and 730 MB. do always such a big files appear or is some solution for this that to fit them into 2 CD's, not 3? or maybe is some programs for splitting mpeg-1 and mpeg-2?
          The simple answer: DivX MPEG-4 compression offers much higher compressibility than MPEG-2, and hence the increased filesize when converting from the former to the latter.

Comment

Working...