Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Domoper
    • Apr 2003

Video Capture Source

Hey guys, I'm trying to connect my old 8mm camcorder to my computer to copy old tapes to CD. I have the video plugged into my vid cards "S-Video" input and my audio through the sound card by the "line-in". The problem is, when I try to select a source for the audio and video all I get is my webcam thats plugged in through my USB port.

Is there something I'm missing or forgetting to do? Any help would be great. Thanks for the help in advance!

Vid Card: GeForce 4 Ti4400
    Snd Card: SB Pro Audigy Gamer
    Software: Ulead Video Studio 6
    Last edited by Domoper; 20 Apr 2003, 09:25 AM.
  • HaroldW
    • Nov 2002

Do you have the capture driver for your capture card installed and configured to use the S-Video connector?

Try playing your camcorder into a regular TV monitor to verify the output on the camera is good as well as the cables. Check to see if the audio level is "down low" or "muted" on the line-in section of the software mixer on your PC. If your capture card has an audio line-in try using it. If you capture card has composite video-in try using it. If none of that works try plugging in another audio/video source to see if it records. If this other source does not get you some sort of video or audio signal than something is drastically wrong.
    Last edited by HaroldW; 20 Apr 2003, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• parvus1202
      • Apr 2003

But what you have is a video card and not a Capture Card. These are 2 different cards. If you go to Pinnacle.com and look for capture cards, you will see what I mean. Look for DC10 or DC30 capture cards.

Comment

Working...