Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bet_gurlz
    • Apr 2003

Can't play some DVD

My DVD rom (Mat****a UJDA730 Combo from NEC laptop, with powerdvd software) can't play some DVDs (usually a series DVDs, not one disc movie), but those DVDs can be played in my friend's DVD rom (Toshiba DVD rom ST-R2212 from Toshiba laptop, with windvd software) without any problems.

Those DVDs are a little bit different from the normal ones, e.g. there is a hologram writing at the back "DVD with Regency Recording", but I'm sure they're original.

Sometimes if I tried pushing the disc, or restarting my computer several times, finally it would work. But once I stopped it, and then tried to play it again, it didn't work again.

I've claimed with the NEC itself and they have replaced that DVD rom with a new one, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank you
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try installing WinDVD on YOUR system...

Comment

• bet_gurlz
      • Apr 2003

I have, but it still doesn't work. I don't think it's the problem with the software player, because even when I opened My Computer and open the DVD drive, it didnt seem to recognize the DVD. And when I played it with power dvd or win dvd, it would say "There's no disc in Drive D"

Comment

Working...