Great price, Great Idea...whats the catch?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1ngkong
    • Apr 2003

Great price, Great Idea...whats the catch?

I've been looking for a price conscious alternative to DVD backup...and ive come across something called DVD-RAM ( Not DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R ) 1st of all i had no idea that there were so many differences between them simply because the way they were represented w/ a "-" "+" or just "RAM" secondly why is it that DVD-RAM is not as popular as the other formats DVD-R DVD-RW etc? other then the fact that DVD-RAM wont play in a normal player. ive seen some DVD-RAM drives selling REAL cheap on EBAY and i can help but be a little weary cuz im old fashioned and i truely believe "you get what you pay for" if someone has some helpful info for me about DVD-RAM could you shed some light on the subject? also if you know of any merchants selling DVD-RAM or any sort of DVD duplicators that would be great too.
  • Comberman
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2002

DVD-RAM is supposedly compliant with the DVD Forum standard; it will play on some but not all DVD rom drives. I suggets you give it a miss for the present and stick with one of the more conventional formats. Better the devil you know that the devil you don't.
    Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Just read up on your standalone DVD player or buy a new one that is complient

Comment

Working...