X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eadams_01
    • May 2003

PowerDVD and Tsunami?

Hey guys,

Ok, here goes. I recently uninstalled the Tsunami filter pack (3.9.9), and have since had some really nasty problems with video file playback. The worst is that it seems to have b0rked DVD playback in PowerDVD XP 4.0 (patched).

The error message I receive when trying to play DVD's is:

Error Code: 89030000

I have followed all the recommendations on the Cyberlink support page, including fully re-installing the player and patching it.

My DVD drive is region hacked, and I use DVD-Genie to set the correct region for playback. I am testing the drive with a number of DVD movies that worked fine up until recently.

I only suspect that it's uninstalling the Tsunami filter pack that has caused this, I don't think i've done anything else related to video playback to my PC lately.

I'm guessing that removing Tsunami has removed some codec that is required by PowerDVD. But I haven't a clue which one or what to do about it!

Thanks to any-one who can help!

Cheers, Ed
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

If you haven't tried this already:

Tsunami filter pack comes indeed with ASPI drivers, so it might remove them on uninstall (it also has some PoverDVD specific codecs).
    Last edited by Qyd; 9 May 2003, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• eadams_01
      • May 2003

Thank-you!

Thank-you so much Qyd! I was slowly going mad trying to figure out what I'd done! Much, much appreciated mate!

Ed

Comment

Working...