Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristianHJW
    matroska project member
    • May 2003

Originally posted by The Edge Can't believe how fast matroska is developing. Good man.
    Hehehehehe ... me neither sometimes
    Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• BlackSun
      • Nov 2001

everything started with a small team, lot of people never believed us, but we made it
      Best Regards, BlackSun
      The concentric circle of audio/video on:
      www.corecodec.com

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Blacksun
        everything started with a small team, lot of people never believed us, but we made it
        True. Sure they can eat their words now!

Another small note:
        Is there/will there be an official logo/icon for the matroska container???

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• ChristianHJW
          matroska project member
          • May 2003

Originally posted by The Edge True. Sure they can eat their words now!
          Well, we dont mind alot. In fact, sometimes the task seemed to become undoable ......

Another small note:
          Is there/will there be an official logo/icon for the matroska container??? Edge
          We have at least 10 excellent logo's made for us from various designers, and we will put them on a nice homepage soon and start polls on the most important DVD backup sites what people like the most. If you want to glance before, goto the corecodec.com forums and read the thread in the matroska general section ...
          Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• The Edge
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jan 2003

Cheers Christian.

Edge
            "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Thanks for the latest info.... You'll be hearing from me privately soon please PM me a way to communicate with you.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
                matroska project member
                • May 2003

Originally posted by SKD_Tech You'll be hearing from me privately soon please PM me a way to communicate with you.
                irc.corecodec.com #matroska is the easiest way to get hold of me normally ... just not this evening, we have guests @home .... use mIRC from http://www.mirc.com if you dont have an email client yet.

Else drop me an email, christian at matroska dot org ....

Comment

• The Edge
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jan 2003

Hi Christian/BlackSun.
                  I put together an install.bat file and an uninstall.bat file for matroska Directshow parser which will detect OS and install to he appropriate system folder and register it. This hopefully will make it easier for new users of the matroska container. The uninstall.bat un-registers and deletes the *.dll

The *.bat files can be easily edited for future releases.
                  Hope you may find this helpful.
                  Tested under WinXP/2000......Win9x should be fine.
                  Download here. (virus checked)

Edit:
                  Now out of date!

Edge
                  Last edited by The Edge; 17 Jun 2003, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2003

Nice work The Edge. Thanks it ought to help lots-o-people.

Comment

• The Edge
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jan 2003

Ok, as a favour to the Matroska guys for the great work I put together a 'Matroska Install Pack'. Well, Christian asked me too. Nice guy

Anyway, it contains the usual filters for most newcomers to get started with Matroska, namely:

Matroska v0.4.3 (both WinXP and Win9x)
                      CoreAAC v1.0b3
                      CoreVorbis v1.0b4
                      VSFilter v2.26
                      ChannelDownmixer v2.00 Beta3
                      Ac3filter 0.68b

It will detect your OS and install the correct Matroska DS parser.
                      Of cousre, all credit due to the respective developers! I just packaged this together.

Ignore-> Download and run "install.bat". There is also an uninstall option too.
                      Have fun.

Download v0.4.3
                      Cheers.

PS
                      Not tested under Win98....should be ok though!
                      Updated VSFilter v2.26

Edge
                      Last edited by The Edge; 19 Jun 2003, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
                        matroska project member
                        • May 2003

man, you're quick .... even quicker than the matroska team ....

EDIT :

link
                        is up ....
                        Last edited by ChristianHJW; 17 Jun 2003, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• The Edge
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Jan 2003

@All
                          I've uploaded a new installer for ye guys. Both Matroska & VSFilter will automatically detect your OS and install the right parser filter. Uninstall included.
                          Also has the option to do a custom install so those not needing ChannelDownmixer for example can leave it unticked. Oh, and a wee icon too!

Download 1276KB

It's zipped due to hosting problems

Edge

Comment

• BoF
                            • Nov 2001

Hi,

I was wondering why the Matroska project choosed to use the AAC support. Are u on bad terms with the Vorbis team ?
                            [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• The Edge
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Jan 2003

Not speaking for the Matroska team but matroska is just a media container, like OGM, but more. The plan is to have a flexible container for storing as many video/audio(VfW & ACM) options.

Ogg is definitely supported by Matroska. The above package contains 'Corevorbis' filter for that reason. AAC on the other hand is better then Ogg, well only just IMHO. It has multiple channel support like ogg buy is still early days yet. You'll have to use mkvmerge to mux the AAC at the moment.
                              If im wrong hopefully someone can correct me

Edge

Comment

• ChristianHJW
                                matroska project member
                                • May 2003

Originally posted by BoF
                                Hi,

I was wondering why the Matroska project choosed to use the AAC support. Are u on bad terms with the Vorbis team ?
                                not at all, but unless the Vorbis people make a nice 5,1 channel coupling profile,, AAC is better for low bitrate 5.1 digital surround .... for Stereo, i still use Vorbis ....

Comment

Working...