After creating a VCD my playback is upsidedown and mirror reversed?? Why? Please Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RigorMortis!
    • May 2003

After creating a VCD my playback is upsidedown and mirror reversed?? Why? Please Help

I burnt an .avi file into a VCD onto a 870MB 99 min CD in nero and now when i play it through my dvd it is upsidedown and mirror reversed.
    What went wrong?? How can I correct this problem from occuring again? and it also freezes during playback for no reason? Can I do anything with the cd i have burnt onto or is it another coaster? Can someone please explain that has some background knowledge
    Thankingyou in advance
    Rigor
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

Ok im guessing that the original is not upside down but if it were you could run it thru a filter in virtualdub. But in your instance it sounds like you are converting the avi with Nero. Now Nero will do this but it is really better to just use the program called TMPGEnc. You can get it at divx-digest.com. Also the 99 min cd might be the problem. Some dvd players and/or cd players will have problems reading these cds simply because the time 99.99 is a number used in the loading process by the player.

So what you need to do is:
    - First find out if your dvd player will play 99 min cds correctly by burning 99 min cd of music and trying to play it all the way through.
    - if this works try converting the avi to MPEG1 with TMPEGnc and burning it with NERO
    - Otherwise convert the video with TMPGEnc, split it in 2 parts with the MPEG tools in TMPGEnc, and burn it on 2 seperate smaller cds with nero

Hopefully this will work and I have supplied you with enough background info

Comment

Working...