Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twangerlang
    • Mar 2003

which dvd disks?

my mate bought an Nec ND1300 dvd writer but the datawrite dvd-r disks he bought with it dont seem to work so i was wondering if anyone had this drive and if so what make brand disks do you use?

cheers, Mike.
  • magebarf
    • May 2003

ND1300 writable media

Hiya!

I've got the same problem, I just bought myself a ND1300 and bought 10 cheap DVD-R discs, which according to the seller would work with all writers on the market.

According to the print on the disc it's produced by "Fortis Technology"

It also says: "DVD-R for General Version 2.0 120MIN 4.7GB"

No luck, using Nero, which I purchased along with the writer, I get some kind of a message back from the writer saying "Illegal Media".

So, if you find any media that works with it, tell me, 'cause I wanna get some stuff backed up!

Comment

• magebarf
      • May 2003

I'm gonna go switch my Fortis DVD-R today for some other model/brand, maybe even some DVD+R discs...

I'll report on how they will work in a few hours when I've had time to try them...

Comment

• magebarf
        • May 2003

Just got back from the Store and tried out the new discs.

I got a switch for "eProFormance" DVD-R media, not any special lable on them, but they seem to burn nicely at 2X, I'm currently writing a disc and are at 16% completion.

I also got a single DVD+R disc for backup, and maybe I'll try that too later on...

I'll report when my burn is complete and I've tested if the result is allright.

Comment

• magebarf
          • May 2003

Hmm...

Well, the burn went fine, but when I tried verifying it only 190 out of 250 files on the disc were allright. The other ones had CRC errors on them when trying to read.

I was gonna try to burn one in 1X, but my Nero seems to be locked to 2X, so I can't try for the moment...

I'll do another test with them later tonight and see if it was just something weird or if it is as I suspect, that the media ain't of very high quality..

Well, at least I know that I CAN burn DVD-Rs on my ND1300 now.

Comment

• magebarf
            • May 2003

I've now tried burning 4 of my discs, two with Nero and two with RecordNow Max.

First with RecordNow Max was with the wizard and it automatically burned with 2X, second attempt was without the Wizard, and I set it to 1X, but it wouldn't burn with that and instead set itself to 2X again.

Well, so far, 4 bad burns...

Seems that writing in 1X ain't avaible or something...

Comment

Working...