Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebs26
    • May 2003

movie to fullscreen

No, im not talking hit "alt and F4" or clicking "fullscreen". Most of my movies have the widescreen view of black on the bottom and top of the screen. Is there a tool to make these movies fullscreen?????
    thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If these movies are of the wide-angle type (16:9 or 2.35:1 types), trying to play these files at full screen and blown to the (presumably) desired 4:3 aspect ratio, you will end up with characters looking like walking sticks. This is obviously not desirable.

Comment

• ebs26
      • May 2003

understood, yet I can set a ration to cut out 20% of the video and still get FULLscreen.
      if not, it will just be a waste of my time.... but does any resizing pixels tool exist?
      thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Assuming the borders are existent on the video, you can use VirtualDub and its cropping (Null Transform) filter to crop off the black bars. You can also follow up with a Resizer filter to change the video resolution to one that suits your liking (try to keep to the original aspect ratio though). Be aware, however, that you will need to recompress the video file.

Comment

• ebs26
          • May 2003

oooooo wow, that sounds like some work..... so will I need to recompress the file with Divx??? thanks for all this help though!

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

so will I need to recompress the file with Divx???
            You can use any compressors that are available. DivX/XviD will offer the best compression ratio compared to most others though.

thanks for all this help though!
            You're welcome.

Comment

• easyfrag
              • May 2003

If you want to watch wide-angle movies in fullscreen mode zoomed in (cropped on the left and right sides), all you have to do is to use a userfriendly player application (microsoft's windows media player doesn't meet this requirement).

In most cases i use Micro DVD Player (http://www.divx-digest.com/software/microdvd.html).
              The v1.2 is free, and you can switch it to Pan&Scan mode. In this mode you can toggle 4:3 , 1.55:1 , 16:9 , 2.05:1 modes. These are 4 zoom ratios, enlarging the video (keeping the pixel aspect) to fit the screenheight at 4:3 monitors if the movie has the aspect ratio defined by the name of the mode. All modes can be used for any video files, they are only 4 fix zoom ratios, nothing else.

If you want more, try Zoom Player Standard. It's also free for non-commercial use, and can enlarge the image to any size. It's a very flexible player, you can stretch your video with it to the correct acpect ratio, if it doesn't have the same pixel aspect as your screen (generally 1:1).
              You can download it from http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml.
              Last edited by easyfrag; 28 May 2003, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...