Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAZZER
    • May 2003

do i buy dvd+ or dvd-

Can anybody help me, new to all this going to buy dvd drive do I buy a dvd + or a dvd- I would like to backup my dvd collection and use them in the front room on my dvd player.
    Any help thxs
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Both drives are still in production. Both the + and - have their advantages and shortfalls. More information on dvd recordable formats is available at dvdrhelp.com

If you want to "play it safe" you can purchase a dvd+/-r/rw writer that supports both the dvd+r/rw and dvd-r/rw formats. SONY, NEC, and soon Pioneer (A06) manufacture such drives.

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

The TDK 4x Dual Format writer has received good reports here in the UK with one of the top Digital Video/Graphics mags giving it best performance to cost recommendation. It isn't the cheapest dual DVD writer, but then you get what you pay for. Worthwhile checking out.
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• Spensaf
        • Jun 2003

I bought a Sony MultiBurner (the OEM model of the Sony DRU-500A) which is superb. It is a complete DVD/CD all format read write drive. So far having burned DVD and CD's I have had no compatibility or error problems with anything I have burned.

Strongly reccomend the additional money as it covers any outcomes re the formats.

Comment

Working...