• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noizEwater
    • May 2003

Pixilation Problem Persists

Hello kind people of this forum.

I have a question/problem.

I am currently using Dazzle Divital Video Creator to capture from my mini DV camera. It only captures at 325x240 though.

I've been using EO Video to encode the mpeg file so that I can burn it to VCD with the program that came with my dvd burner.

I'm running into pixilation problems though.

Is my guess correct that I will need to capture the file at a bigger setting? I've tried to cercumvent the problem using EO Video as well an TMPGE without success.

I was wondering if anyone here could off up some advice? Or are my fears of having to recapture everything true?

Thanx in advance,

noizE
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Is there maybe a quality setting that you can beef up?
    Or maybe increase the bitrate of the movie before it is converted?

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Dazzle has a forum...go to www.Dazzle.com/home...click on tech support and select community forums. What type of DVC do you have? What program are you using to capture with? All kind of questions need to be asked. But then, again, you shouldn't be using the DVC device to capture from your DV camera anyway. It'll convert your DV 720X480 digital source to analog (352X240) which defeats the purpose of spending the big bucks for a digital camera. You should run DV in thru the firewire directly to a program that'll convert the AVI to MPEG on the fly ( like ULead VS7). The DVC devices are meant to input from analog sources (like converting your old VHS tapes.)

Comment

• noizEwater
        • May 2003

much appreciated to both of you for your time and effort.

i recently acquired adobe premiere. but do not have a firewire card. would I be able to perform the functions of capturing with that program once I get a firewire card?

also, i "stamp" my footage. I shoot videos for bands and I put the name of the band, song, etc etc, on the footage. Would I still be able to do that with Premiere?

I cant express how grateful I am to you all for your patience and information. Thank you once again.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Yes Firewire cards are a really good little 20 dollar investment (if that)

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

As would an investment in scads of disc space...that $500 Premeir will keep everything in AVI and you'll need 12-14 gigs for each hour of video you capture...the $100 ULead VS7 will allow you to convert it to MPEG (3-4GB/hour), so...you may also want to look at a 120GB external HD ($250) to accommodate that fancy premeir.

Comment

Working...