• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scdlcgs
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Problem with a big file... Help!

I know this is way out of topic, but perhaps somebody can help me... I recently burn into a cdrw a 180 mbs file, an avi file, but then, when i tried it to copy it to my pc, an error apperas saying: "Data error: (cyclic redundancy check), and the file wasnt able to finish copying. I have no idea why is this, the weird thing is that i have copied bigger files (more than 250 mbs) in the same brand of cdrws, but it was another format... i dont know if that has anything to do with it... I would appreciate a little help here...
    Thanx for your atte.
    Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you able to PLAY the CD-R/W on your PC?

Try cleaning the disk.

Try running a DVD/CD cleaning disk on your drive/burner. Maxell makes one that sells for approximately $10US.

Try burning another disk.

Try "full erase" of the CD-R/W and then burn.

Comment

• scdlcgs
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2003

before i burned the cd, the file was in excellent conditions, after this, wmp9 says that the file is corrupted and cant be played... the thing is that this file is no longer on my hard drive, so i want to recover it. Any ideas aboout why that message appears? (cyclic redundancy check)
      Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

As I said in my initial response:

Try cleaning the disk.

Try running a DVD/CD cleaning disk on your drive/burner. Maxell makes one that sells for approximately $10US.

You might also see if ISOBuster is able to successfully read the CD R/W...

Comment

• alucard83
          • May 2003

That error usually happens with CDRWs and I have gotten them myself. It might be a problem with the burner actually burning the data on a rewriteable disk. The best way to overcome this is to do a data check (if your using nero) to see if the data on the disk was burnt correctly, otherwise, youll get the same error again

Comment

• MPS
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Mar 2003

what i think is best to do i erase the cd and burn the file again... or on another cd

Comment

• Klooedzs
              • Apr 2002

quite definite that the files that you burn had errors in them. in other words, corrupted. are you using windows xp?? i had the same problem too. there is nothing wrong with the original movie, but maybe when you burn the cd, there is an error in windows, which you might not be aware of. That's what i have been through sometimes ago. luckily, i still have the movie. you will have to find the movie and burn it again... try not to do lot of things at the same time. e.g: i had a problem when i tried to encode and burn movie at the same time. dunno why, but then... everytime you install windows xp, different defects happens

Comment

Working...