Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shiftlesscarrot
    • Jun 2003

Audio Severely Out Of Sync!!

I am extremely new to this whole video thing, and have a giant problem with this stuff...

I just finished getting this video, and the first part or .avi thingie goes totally crazy and the audio is completely out of sync with the video. I have tried using Virtual Dub and changing the frame rate so that the video and audio durations match but that gives me a 12 second movie thats 670 megs big...

any suggestions on what i should do?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I just finished getting this video"

If by this statement you mean that you've downloaded a video via a Peer-to-Peer ("P2P") setup, be advised that you never know what you'll get. If you click on the DivX Digest link at the top of this page, you'll find some excellent "how-to" documents...

Comment

• shiftlesscarrot
      • Jun 2003

umm... not working

i understand that, but this is the only copy available... i've been through every how-to on the internet

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

1. Load up AVI file in Virtual/nandub
        2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
        3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
        4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
        -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate)

Comment

• shiftlesscarrot
          • Jun 2003

been there, doesn't work

thanks for the tips, but that is what i was told to do before... the thing is that the frame rate would be nearly 10000 fps compared to 23.976 fps

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Re: been there, doesn't work

Originally posted by shiftlesscarrot
            thanks for the tips, but that is what i was told to do before... the thing is that the frame rate would be nearly 10000 fps compared to 23.976 fps
            That would mean the audio is (much) shorter than the video. It is impossible then to accurately know the new frame rate.

The best you can do is to estimate the difference in the video and audio positions and adjust the audio delay accordingly in Virtualdub. If whoever created this video knows how to do a decent conversion, there should be no need to adjust the frame rate (after getting the right audio delay). Otherwise, you may just 'bin' the AVI file.

but that gives me a 12 second movie thats 670 megs big...
            And make sure both the Video and Audio tabs are set to Direct Stream Copy...

Comment

Working...