Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freebie
    • Jun 2003

jpeg to avi

Can anyone tell me what is the best windows based software for making avi's from jpeg's/tiff's ???
    thanks......................................
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One choice is Blaze Media Pro...

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

Virtualdub/VirtualDubMod will also.
      Just ensure the same resolution and colour depth for each pic.
      Edit:
      Also, name the pics sequentially......eg 00001.jpg, 00002.jpg, 00003.jpg, etc and set the frame rate too.

Bren
      Last edited by The Edge; 26 Jun 2003, 01:54 AM.
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• freebie
        • Jun 2003

Thanks... I have v-dub, (but no help files) It has worked well joining avis direct from lightwave...but I don't know how to create avi's. How do you do it?

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

What I would normally do is use Irfanview to batch rename/resize the jpg's or bmp.

So lets say you end up with 250 pics, they should be named 000000.jpg, 000001.jpg, 000002.jpg, etc.

Once that is done, open the first 000000.jpg file in VDub and it will recognise the follow files because of the way they're names.
          Now just treat it as a normal avi. (Make sure you set the frame rate)

Bren
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• MPS
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Mar 2003

* if those jpegs could be converted to gifs, then u may also want to try GIF Movie Gear, which can convert a sequence of GIFs to AVIs.
            * the second thing, speaking of Irfanview, is that u can use this way (thou it really goes around" ):
            - open irfan view and choose "slideshow" from emnu
            - create ur slideshow and save it as exe/scr
            - run your slideshow
            - use any desktop-capturing program to save the action from the desktop as AVI
            ^ A crass solution, but it works

Comment

• Klooedzs
              • Apr 2002

MPS, could you use ACDsee32 for this??
              The Edge, if it just renaming those files, do you still have to do it using irfanview?? or simply renaming them in explorer will do??

Comment

• MPS
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Mar 2003

MPS, could you use ACDsee32 for this??
                The Edge, if it just renaming those files, do you still have to do it using irfanview?? or simply renaming them in explorer will do??
                First of all, i'm not sure about acdsee, i haven't been using it for a long time now, cause i prefer irfanview, so i dont know

second, if mr Edge wouldn't mind me speaking in his name , irfan view has a nice feature of this batch renaming, although if you're handy and have some time, u can do it as wll in ur favorite file manager, be it win/total commander or M$ explorer

Comment

Working...