• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingy
    • Jun 2003

dvd burning problem...help needed

Hi ,
    wonder if you can help
    I'm running win 2000 pro and have a sony dvd rw dw-u10a. I'm using nero to burn.
    I can write fine to datasafe dvd-rw and dvd-r, but when I try and write to datawrite dvd-r , wether its a data dvd or movie dvd, after 1% of writing I get the varying eror messages from program memory error, failed to write, failed to find T.O.C. I thought datawrite and datasafe where the same manufacturer??

It an IDE, but have installed and updated the aspi dll's , as I know that they force for ide as well as scsi...when I looked in the nero infor tools...it said aspi files were missing or corrupt....this has now gone, but still getting the above message.

I've also tried using Ulead movie factory, but have the same problem.

Is this just a problem with the disc's...compatability...or is it another problem??...am I missing anything.
    cheers in advance
    wingy
  • OrbitLoop
    • Dec 2003

Idea......

Wingy,

I've just wasted a week trying to get my NEC-1100A to write using Nero Express on Windows 2000 Server - guess which media I was trying to write to?

Datawrite DVD-R seems to have problems universally, no matter what writer and software you are using. The stuff I picked up is pretty low-end and cheap, but I have seen posts on other forums where a similar problem has been experienced with much higher spec equipment. My disks are going back to the retailer.

Account manager ----->

Hope this helps.

Orbit.
    Last edited by OrbitLoop; 16 Dec 2003, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

OrbitLoop, have you checked for firmware update? I know a month back there was a new one. My 1300 still doesn't read Princos though
      Wingy, if you burned successfully on one brand of disc then there's not a lot wrong with your software.
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...