• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimomakano
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jun 2002

opening video

I use DVD Workshop to create DVDs of family outings and ballroom dancing off of VHS and 8mm tapes.
    I would like to be able to add a short opening video that has some generic information that the viewer cannot bypass. I see this is done on commercial DVD's for the FBI warnings and such.
    Is there a way to do this (without having to spend big bucks)?
    Thanks,
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

ULead VS7 costs around $100 (you can find sales). It'll allow you to add titles, transitions, muxed in music, voice overdubs with ease...and even those neat FBI warnings.

Comment

• kimomakano
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jun 2002

Okay, but will it allow me to create files that the viewer cannot bypass by pressing the Menu or Next Chapter button on the remote or player?
      I apologize if my question was not clear enough. I have already created the video files that I want to add and have done so. What I would like is that when the viewer inserts the disc that this clip would play and the viewer cannot skip it.
      On commercial DVDs a little image appears in the upper right hand corner indicating the disc does not respond to commands during that portion of the video.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If the "generic information that the viewer cannot bypass" is intended to be a static screen of printed information, the low-tech, no-cost way to do it would be to simply print out a hard copy of the message and then videotape it for as long as you want it to remain onscreen...

Comment

• kimomakano
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jun 2002

Okay, I guess nobody knows. Thanks for looking and the suggestions.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sorry, I overlooked your statement that you had already created the add-on videos. What you are speaking of is "User Prohibitions".

1) You might examine a DVD, that you know includes "User Prohibitions", under IFOEdit to see if you can spot how such prohibitions are implemented - and, if, so, you may be able to use IFOEdit to do the same to your homebrewn DVD

2) Do a Googlesearch for "DVD User Prohibition"

Comment

Working...