X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • machstem
    • Jul 2003

copy AVI-XVID to MPEG-1 or 2 (SVCD)

Hey all,

I want to make a copy of a flic I have. It's presently encoded with the XVID AVI codec, and I'd like to copy it from AVI to MPEG-1 or 2.

I was using TMPGenc 5.2x, full version, and it was doing the trasnfer. Now, the original file is 715mb, and at about 45-48%, it stopped, giving and Invalid Argument error, and cancelled. The MPEG file, it was over 4gb. Also, the MPEG contained no sound. I had chosen, or more-so the program selected it, the AVI file.

What I need to know, is how to trasnfer this movie, with limiting to a certain disk space, so that I can fit it on 2, possibly 3 CDs, hopefully less, but I must have a good visual quality flic.

Any help to this will be GREATLY appreciated. I am not a novice when it comes to stuff liek this, but I'd like to get other ppl's input, if any!

Feel free to email me the reply, sometimes I forget to check in the forums. As the Hotmail and Yahoo addresses are not accepted, I will mark it here for any reply, thanks.

machstem@hotmail.com

PEACE
    Last edited by machstem; 4 Jul 2003, 09:39 AM.
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

When tmpgenc is started, the wizard is started and that is where you choose how big you want the file. At the (4/5) page choose if youre using a 74 or 80 minute cd, the if your using 1 cd, you input 100% "of disk capacity" and if youre using 2 cd's you input 300% and so on...

Then just choose a place to encode, and wait a few hours for the process to complete. Make SURE to have enough space for the project or else tmpgenc will stop encoding.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• machstem
      • Jul 2003

Thank you SO much for the reply.

I will try that today, and let you know how it goes.

PEACE

Comment

Working...