how can i do High Quality VHS to SVCD or VCD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

how can i do High Quality VHS to SVCD or VCD?

hi all,Batman,Setarip,

Was wondering i wouyld like to make a SVCD/VCD of a VHS how do i do it and what hardware do i need?

Secondly i was told i need a good video capture card which captures at like 7-11MB/s for top quality so i choose Pinnacle, but which one please help me with listibng of good ones of nay brand :

Or if another device is needed

thanx

sij
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do a search here for all postings by "rsquirell". He/She has provided signifcant information on this topic - both at these forums and others...

Alternatively, do a search here for "VHS"

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

The word in the Dazzle forum is that Pinnacle has just bought Dazzle. One of the old-timers said he didn't have much luck with the Pinnacle 7 card...but Pinnacle 8 is the current product. The Canopus card supposedly has a good reputation...but it's $300 for the card and $500-600 for the Adobe Premiere software. I went with a Dazzle DVC-150 because I can't open my notebook, and haven't regretted the decision. The 150 is an external device which feeds thru the USB2 port at 720X480 designed to take input from an analog source (VCR or camcorder). For large-scale conversion projects it beats the cards because most cards capture in AVI and the 150 captures in MPEG2 (file size significantly smaller) which allows you to store/sort/catalog content from several VHS tapes until you get complete series together before burning. You can get digital copies of your analog source which look at least as good as the source (with practice)...which is all you can ask. It costs $200...and there's a very active user forum with scads of helpful enthusiasts. Do not buy/waste time on any other Dazzle product...the rest suck (as does the accompanying software for the 150.) But the hardware is superb...and there are plenty of software work-arounds.

Comment

Working...