Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PohPoh
    • Nov 2002

Capture Distortion

I am having a fairly big problem with DIVX capture in virtual dub. I have been using Virtual DUb with a WIN TV PCI board for awhile and capturing fine. I have been doing 640 x 480 Captures using DIVX compression and life was great. Well I upgraded my video card to be bale to play a new game (I got a XTASY 128 MB PCI card)... Low and behold my captures started to get messed up. It seems that no matter which drivers I use (Win TV's new drivers, Old Drivers, Source Forge Drivers), I get these little black or white line sall over the screen during a capture of 640 x 480 or higher.. Its driving me crazy.. I had NO problems doing captures before and now I can't figure out the problem.. I have noticed that using something other than DIVX compression does not result in these lines. also switching from RGB 24 to 15 gives me less of these lines.. AND going up to RGB 32 gives me alot more. Anyone have this problem? am I missing something? I don't want to go to deinterlace or anythign because I MAY want to convert these to SVCDs later.. I know its a backwards step but I want the option.. anywyas why am I getting these stupid lines and can anyone help me?
  • RNCSerge
    • Jul 2003

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I have a cheap ATI capture card. The program that came with it allows capture at 320x240 at the biggest. When I use a third-party program to capture at bigger size, it has some lines all over it. My advice is to try to capture at 320x240 and see if it works. Also see if your card supports 640x480 capture

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

To PohPoh

According to the specs for the XTASY (Tom's Hardware Guide) it is capable of capture from one of three sources: Composite, Video Tuner and S-VHS. The symptoms you describe (black/white lines on capture) suggest incorrect input settings, ie: the XTASY is expecting input from Composite or S-VHS VCRs and the connection is to a video tuner and vice versa. Or an incorrect PAL or NTSC setting. Also the XTASY may be reacting to the WinTV card and its settings; because it has capture faciities it may not like residing with the WinTV card. You XTASY is based on the nvidea 4200 spec and with 128 of memory is capable of capturing MPEG1 and 2 at up to 720x576 without undue difficulty. Suggest you try isolating the WinTV card (if you still have this in your PC)and the best way is to create a new hardware profile within Windows. Call it "Xtasy Capture" so you'll know exactly what the profile is for. In this new profile go into System Properties and remove the WinTV card. You can always go back to your original profile by rebooting. Before you do this you might make sure the settings in your present setup are correct.
      You might want to visit Tom's Hardware Guide:
      Tom's Hardware helps you buy the best hardware and build the best PC to play, create and work..

Cheers
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...