Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audi
    • Sep 2002

KVCD !!! what !?!?

just found out that i downloaded not a vcd but a kvcd. this is useless to me seeing on how no standalone dvd player will support this. how do i convert this thing into xvid. thnx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

According to the KVCD homepage (kvcd.net), CDs burned using the kvcd modified TMPGEnc templates should be playable on standalone players. Of course, this assumes that your particular standalone is capable of playing burned VCDs - and is capable of recognizing the particular brand of CD-R you're burning.

The following is a direct quote from the KVCD homepage"

"What is KVCD?
    KVCD is a modification to the standard MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 GOP structure and Quantization Matrix. It enables you to create over 120 minutes of near DVD quality video, depending on your material, on a single 80 minute CD-R/CD-RW. We have published these specifications as KVCDx3, our official resolution, which produce 528x480 (NTSC) and 528x576 (PAL) MPEG-1 variable bit rate video, from 64Kbps to 3,000Kbps. Using a resolution of 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL), it's possible to encode video up to ~360 minutes of near VCD quality on a single 80 minute CD-R. The mpeg files created will play back in most modern standalone DVD players. You must burn the mpeg files as non-standard VCD with Nero or VCDEasy."

Comment

• audi
      • Sep 2002

can it be converted to xvid. i have had soooo much trouble simply loading it into vdub sooo maybe it cant be converted.

Comment

Working...