Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psychoanalyzing
    • Jul 2003

Playing .ogm Files

I'm a complete newbie to .ogm (personally I can't see why people can't just stick with DivX or XviD) and I need some help

I have NO idea how to make a .ogm file play. Also, the video came packaged with a subtitle file, and I don't know how to get that to work once I get the video playing. I'm guessing I need a codec, but do I need a specific player as well?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Install the OGG DirectShow filter, available from a codec pack or Doom9's forum.

Comment

• BoF
      • Nov 2001

Re: Playing .ogm Files

Originally posted by Psychoanalyzing
      I'm a complete newbie to .ogm (personally I can't see why people can't just stick with DivX or XviD)
      that's just a container..you can find xvid or divx into an ogm. you just need the Tobias'oggDS filter collection to handle this container (mux/demux) and render ogg vorbis audio files.
      This website is for sale! everwicked.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, everwicked.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

hum..something to add ChristianHJW ?
      [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• Psychoanalyzing
        • Jul 2003

Thanks, now I just need to know how to get subtitles to work. I used to know a way, but I didn't like the way it worked (only on full screen, huge letters, sometimes lagged) and I forgot it anyway.

Sorry for not putting this in the Newbie secion, where it probably should be.

Comment

• scdlcgs
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

Dvd to ogm has the program subrip, which gives you a srt. file that you can add before you start to encode... or you can use it after the encoding, i also recommend vobsub...
          Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...

Comment

• BoF
            • Nov 2001

to complete what scdlcgs says:
            ...DirectVobSub or Media Player Classic are 2 good ways to render subtitles.
            gabest.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gabest.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
            [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• Psychoanalyzing
              • Jul 2003

Thank you for your help.
              Last edited by Psychoanalyzing; 19 Jul 2003, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...