Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneArmedScissor
    • Jul 2003

Dual Xeon 2.66Ghz vs. P4 3.2Ghz

Hello I'm new to this board. I've been doing video editing for about a yr. now and would like to move up in the comp world. This will be my first dedicated video editing comp. My work at the moment is producing video for the web and dvds. I've been looking at a couple different workstations. I think I've narrowed my options down to either a 2xIntel Xeon 2.66Ghz 533Mhz FSB or a 3.2Ghz P4 800Mhz FSB both w/ 1gb/266DDR. I'de also Like to stay under $3000 US. I'm going to use my existing hds and monitors till I can scrap some more cash together. I am wondering what would better suit my needs in you opinions, possible advantages/disadvantages to both. Also curious which graphics cards would best suit my needs. Any input you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

OAS
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

how about a P4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz FSB HT for $150? and with that, get some DDR 400 (not overclocked) for $70?

here: www.pricewatch.com

welcome to the forums
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• OneArmedScissor
      • Jul 2003

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm still curious as to the advantages/disadvantages of going with the setups stated in my original post. If anyone has experience or can refer me to benchmarks or other info PLEASE do. I need to buy a new system soon. This ones falling apart and I will lose my job w/o a working comp

Comment

Working...