Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conners
    • Jul 2003

Oversized VOBs

I have been trying to capture an old VHS tape I have that is no longer in production and is getting rather worn.

I have captured the film to the hard drive using the video capture software with my Nvidea graphics card which produces a 80GB AVI file.

I have then tried using Nerovision with DVD plug in to convert this to DVD format on the hard drive (vobs, ifo etc)

Unfortunatly Nero converts it to one large VOB of just over 4GB in size, and then won't burn it to disk as the VOB file is too large.

I have tried several programs to try cut the VOB file down to 1GB chunks (DVDShrink, VSplitter, Vstrip, Vobedit), but they all seem to crash at the end of the first new VOB (!GB mark) as if they don't like the fact the original VOB is oversized.

Does anyone know of a program I can use to cut the VOB down to size, or some other program that can convert my AVI to VOBs of a useable size. I don't want to spend a small fortune on some of the Commercial software, just to convert this one film.

Thanks in anticipation
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried "VOBSplitter" (VOBSPLIT.EXE) by Anastasis Chatzioglou (Anasto)?

It should be available at the DVDDigest link at the top of this page...

Comment

• Conners
      • Jul 2003

I tried Vobsplitter. It cut the first 1024 Vob fine, and then the second Vob was the rest of the file (2.5GB)

Look's like I will have to start over and recapture the film.

Can you sugest any program to convert the 80GB AVI into VOB format, look's like the Nerovision route is out.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"and then the second Vob was the rest of the file (2.5GB)"

Couldn't you then use the program to cut/split the residual 2.5GB .VOB?

Comment

Working...