Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Jul 2003

Svcd 2 Vcd/cdi

How could I convert SVCD 2 CDI. I have been given a Svcd disk which does not play on my Sony DVD player yet it plays CDI. To avoid all the hustle I want to down grade my SVCD 2 CDI. Please help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

This is the "quick and dirty" way to accomplish this. Use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Multiplex

Load your SVCD file

Change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Press the "Run" radio button

(Do not be concerned about any "Buffer underflow" messages you may see)

Burn (DO NOT ask burning software, such as NERO to CONVERT to VCD, rather merely BURN as a VCD)

Comment

• simmmy
      • Jan 2003

Setarip....sorry to do this on the back of someone-elses post but is there another easy to use proggy other than TMPGEnc to re-header a SVCD to VCD..... TMPGEnc is great but it sometimes throws a wobbly at a corrupt file.

Simmmy

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To simmmy

"TMPGEnc is great but it sometimes throws a wobbly at a corrupt file."

ANY conversion program will have a problem dealing with a corrupt file...(The idea is to first fix your corrupt file)

Comment

• simmmy
          • Jan 2003

With a film i had the other day it was so badly corrupted at the end i had to use ISO buster to rip out the MPEG2 files and burn it as a vcd ..... what i wanted was to view it as a SVCD but without the header re-write i could`nt.... i tried taking out the odd couple of damaged seconds with EASY VIDEO SPLITTER but that proggy and TMPGEnc don`t see eye to eye.

Casn you suggest something to edit the corrupted secounds by...can i use Virtualdub and save as a MPEG file or not?

All i wanted to do was watch it on the standalone(Sony DAVS500)....VCD only....not the PC.

Simmmy

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"i tried taking out the odd couple of damaged seconds with EASY VIDEO SPLITTER but that proggy and TMPGEnc don`t see eye to eye.

Casn you suggest something to edit the corrupted secounds by...can i use Virtualdub and save as a MPEG file or not?"

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Cut&Merge

(And no, you can't use any version of VirtualDub - they all will only output in .AVI format)

Comment

• simmmy
              • Jan 2003

Thanks Setarip....i tried TMPGEnc but it has been false reporting file lengths...e.g...1 hour would be shy to 55 mins....i`m downloading the latest version now to see if that helps.

Simmmy

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Thanks Setarip...."

My pleasure ;>}

"i tried TMPGEnc but it has been false reporting file lengths...e.g...1 hour would be shy to 55 mins...."

Does this impact the playback in any way, or is it simply a "number of no consequence"?

Comment

• simmmy
                  • Jan 2003

On most, play back has been ok...but you can`t edit credits to cut file size as no splitter including TMPGEnc can see past the timed ending.Some have reported ... lets say 1 hour when the file timed lenght has been 1hr10 mins but only played a short while past that hour mark.Nero picks up the exact file size and burns ok.

Simmmy

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"but you can`t edit credits to cut file size as no splitter including TMPGEnc can see past the timed ending"

Try MPEGCutter v.1.15 (MPEG2CUT.EXE) for this specific purpose...

Comment

Working...