Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UpLink
    • Aug 2003

Please HELP!

I have a problem with a movie that i just got. Its encoded with Panasonic Giga AVI DV Codec, I-O Data Device, Inc. Where can i get this codec??? I cant find it nowhere
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Chances are that installing any DV codec will do - such as the MainConcept or Canopus DV codecs...

Comment

• UpLink
      • Aug 2003

No man, it doesn't works... You see, i can play it in any player, but i cant open it in no editor.... I try to open it in VIrtual DUB, to open frameserver so i could encode it in TMPEGEnc, but it cant start the DUB process. It says: The source image format is not acceptable (error code -2). Same thing in every editor/encoder software...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"No man, it doesn't works... You see, i can play it in any player, but i cant open it in no editor...."

The fact that you are able to PLAY the video DOESN'T necessarily mean that you have a DV codec installed - possibly only that you have a playback filter installed.

Have you downloaded and installed either of the codecs as I suggested?

Comment

• UpLink
          • Aug 2003

Yes, of course, I have installed Mainconcept DV codec shortly after you told me to do so, but it didn't worked So i posted the reply... You see, when I open this movie in Virtual DUB and choose File Information from the menu, it shows me the name of the codec used... And its says - Panasonic and I-O DATA DV GigaAVI... Maybee its looking for this codec only?... Damn, I just don`t know what to do (

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sorry to hear that.

Just as an experiment, ON A DUPLICATE COPY OF THE .AVI, why don't you try changing the header's FOURCC code to that of the MainConcept codec?

HOT NEWS!

This may be just what you're looking for (just ckick on the underscored link):

"There is highly unsupported and undocumented Panasonic DV codec for Video for Windows. I assume this was orignally freely downloadable at Panasonic Japanese site, but has been later removed. Some rare copies still exist in Internet. You can download one from my homepages http://www.student.oulu.fi/~miohtama/pdvcodec.zip. Zip contains PDVCODEC.DLL and PDVCODEC.INF. There is no installer. Manually copy PDVCODEC.DLL to your Windows\System32 folder and manually make required registry keys as descripted in INF file. If you are not a professional computer user this option is not for you. Hey, it is free, what can you expect "
            Last edited by setarip; 2 Aug 2003, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• shiny#3
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jul 2003

it is gone !!!
              Last edited by shiny#3; 2 Aug 2003, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• UpLink
                • Aug 2003

Nope, it doesn`t works eighter And the funny thing is, that when i opened the file in hex editor, the first code was - vidsyv12, and the second one - DX50. What the hell is DX50? Its not DivX 5.0, i cheked. And why the codes are different? And why Virtual DUB keep saying that the movie uses Panasonic codec, and the FourCC code of Panasonic - IPDV??? By the way, i checked, i have this codec... Damn, its some wery WIERD ****... ((

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"What the hell is DX50? Its not DivX 5.0, i cheked."

Sure it is...

Go here:

"the first code was - vidsyv12"

Actually, the FOURCC portion of that code is "YV12" - the XVID codec...

It's beginning to sound like someone's "had some fun" with the file header...

Comment

Working...