Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyler
    • Aug 2003

First DVD burn question, data disc?

I just did my first backup using DVDshrink. I used a Sony external DRU510A combo drive via firewire. I re-authored, taking out the previews, and French soundtrack. The movie was my copy of the Wild Thornberries. It all fit on a single disc without compression. DVDshrink is a GREAT easy to use program! Here's the tricky part, it only plays on my CPU's drives. Works using Power DVD on the Sony as well as the 16X LiteOn. It won't play on my Panasonic RP-91 OR my Panasonic XP-50. These players are supposed to support ALL formats, even DVD-RAM. I'm using Fuji DVD-R media. I'm using Veritas RecordNow DX that was bundled with the player. I did notice that Power DVD flashed "disc mode" then changed to "data mode". When I ripped it, I chose "make a data disc". There was also "make a music disc", as well as "make an exact copy". What the heck did I screw up? One $2 coaster is enough already!

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

ALL of the DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, and .VOBs) MUST be placed in a folder named (MUST BE ALL CAPITALS) VIDEO_TS

The VIDEO_TS folder, which includes all of the files and (cautionary) an empty folder named AUDIO_TS are what you need to burn onto the DVD-R...

Comment

• Skyler
      • Aug 2003

Thank you for the response, I'll give it another shot. I SHOULD be ripping these as data, correct?

Comment

• Mic2003
        • Aug 2003

Hello setarip!

I think, I habe a similar Problem. All the DVD-Recording-Software I am using do not built this empty Folder with the name "AUDIO_TS". When I am copying a DVD-Film to a DVD+RW, this DVD+RW never has this empty folder. I have used different DVD-Recording-Software. How can I make, that the software built this folder on a DVD?

Comment

• Mic2003
          • Aug 2003

Hello Skyler!

You are using the Sony DRU-510A to burn own DVDs? I am using the Sony DRU-500A. I think this is the same DVD-Recorder, but only for internal use. Does your Recorder burn all DVD-Formats (DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW)? Do you have sometimes troubles by using DVD-Rs or DVD-RWs? I am not able to burn a DVD-RW with my Recorder. The software recognises the DVD-RW without any problem, but if I start to burn on this DVD-RW, the program stops with an error message. With DVD+RW I do not have any problems.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Comment

• Skyler
            • Aug 2003

I have only burned to DVD-R at this point, as that's the format that most home DVD players seem to prefer. Once I start backing up my system, I'll try some different formats. Are you using the recordnow DX that came with it? Maybe there's an update?

Comment

• Mic2003
              • Aug 2003

I have used some different software like CloneDVD, Nero, InstantCD/DVD and RecordNow MAX. All these Programs only burn on DVD+RW medias and make errors on DVD-RW medias.

Comment

Working...