X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leeegglestone
    • Aug 2003

Burned DVDR displays as CDROM

I was trying to convert my svcd movies onto dvdr
    I copied all the mpg files from the disks, merged these, then demuxed, Then ran Besweet on the audio file, then ran the files through ifoedit

And go them into vob files, i tested the files with power dvd and the files played the movie perfectly,

I burned it onto dvd video using Nero and when i tried the DVD in Home DVD Player it came up detecting a CDROM and asking for a playable disk.

Whats gone wrong ?????
    I thought i was well on the way to gettign my vcd/svcds movies onto dvdr but it didnt work
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I burned it onto dvd video using Nero and when i tried the DVD in Home DVD Player it came up detecting a CDROM and asking for a playable disk."

1) What version of NERO did you use?

2) What mode did you use in NERO?

3) Did you burn a DVD-R or DVD+R?

4) Do you know, for a fact, that your standalone DVD player can play the type of DVD that you burned? - or ANY burned (not commercial pressed) DVDs?

To find out the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./

Comment

• leeegglestone
      • Aug 2003

Nero version 55914
      I burned in the nero mode and dvd-video
      I used a blank dvdr disc

For my standalone dvd player, i know it can play vcd, svcds and dvdr as i played them all on here before

lee.egglestone@durham.gov.uk

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I used a blank dvdr disc"

Again, did you burn a DVD-R or DVD+R? (There is no such thing as a "dvdr")

What is the brand and model number of your standalone DVD player?

You should be using a more current version of NERO. The latest in the 5.xx series is 5.5.10.42...

Comment

• leeegglestone
          • Aug 2003

The disc was a DVD-R

The Brand and model number of the dvd player is
          Alba DVD114

I changed the setting to 1.20 burned to dvd, and played it in the player and it works fine now, this was before i installed Nero6 though.

Ive updated to Nero 6, and it says that the firmware is 1.20 now, and also it says i can burn at a speed of 2x, i noticed before that it used to be 1320speed, why has it increased as the dvd writer is only a 1x speed, and now says i can go faster using nero. the dvd rewriter is pioneer a04

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your problem ;>}

NERO is simply advising you that the DVD-R media is capable of being burned at 2X (I know it's misleading...). If your burner is capable of burning a DVD-R at 2X, your burns should now take 30 minutes instead of one hour.

Comment

Working...