• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HepDude
    • Jan 2002

MediaPlayer blank when viewed on TV-Out

Hi!

I have a new Radeon 7500 graphics card.

When I play a media file using Windows Media Player or most other players, the display on the TV-out works, but the inside of the Media Player window on the TV is blank. But, the file plays normally in the Media Player window on the Monitor.

But, when I play the media file using Power DVD 4.0, it appears on both displays.

Does anyone know more about this effect? I noticed someone with a Radeon 8500DV that reports the same thing. Another bit of information is that if you set the TV as the "Primary Display" and the Monitor as the "Cloned" display, then the playback occurs on the TV, and not on the Monitor (although, again, all other parts of the display, including the player skin appear on both screens).
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

That is a common problem that most Dual Display Video cards have.I also have a GForce 2 DDV (Dual Display Video) and I get the same thing. I correct the problem by setting the screen resolution to 800x600 16 bit which is the resolution the TV has and then using the Clone mode.
    Hope it worx to your computer too
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• Ricki K
      • Jan 2004

I had almost exactly the same problem. I've got a Asus Radeon 9200se, whenever I had connected the TV (Via Either composite or S-Video) and the monitor the second wouldn't work at all. I had to "Force the TV to be detected in the: Display Properties - Settings tab - (with the Primary Monitor Highlighted) Advanced Button - Displays Tab. After that the TV did come on, I found the best quality to be when using BOTH the S-Video and the Composite Cables. The next trouble was when viewing a Video, on the second screen the movie pane in Media Player was blank! I found through about 100 sub menu's I found "Theatre Mode". When this is used, each time a Movie clip is viewed the TV goes full screen and the monitor stays as normal so you can continue to use it as normal! - The IDEAL answer!! to get to this go: Display Properties - Settings tab - (with the Primary Monitor Highlighted) Advanced Button - Overlay Tab - Clone Button, then Threatre Mode is one of the options. Note you will have to have TV working as previously mentioned otherwise all the options in the clone page will be greyed out. Hope this helps, it was driving me mad for a while!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Yes. Theatre Mode on ATI cards always solve this type of problem.

By your statement "I found the best quality to be when using BOTH the S-Video and the Composite Cables.", how do you use two different types of connectors on (presumably) one TV? As far as I care, using just either one of them will do the job already.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...