X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miramax
    • Mar 2003

rotate image on mpeg file

Hey.

I need to rotate the image on an mpeg-file. The reason for this is that i want to watch the video-clip in my cellphone.

I have some applications but i have not found a way to do it with tmpeg or premiere.

If anyone know of an application that can do this or how to do it with one of the above. Please help me.

thanks!
  • jim2386
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

If you can get a copy of quicktime pro, I know it can rotate video, i've done it myself. However I know for sure it can rotate quicktime video, not sure about mpeg. I know quicktime can play mpeg so I assume it can also rotate it just like it can rotate quicktime videos. Hope this helps a little

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Does it just rotate it in the screen...or can you save a copy so you can view the rotated version with other players?

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

VirtualDub has a rotate filter.
        However, it can only save to .avi, not to MPEG1...

Comment

• miramax
          • Mar 2003

Thanks!
          It worked out!
          virtualdub to rotate and tmpeg to encode into mpeg1!

thanks!

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

I spent the day downloading and messing with QT Pro. I can get it to rotate the image around the screen...but I can't get it to flip the image so a person facing right is facing left...in that position the image is upside down. I like the feature of running 2 movies at the same time, Clipping off the bottom and merging it with the bottom of a different movie (putting someone else's head on the action)...

Comment

Working...