Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raller
    • Aug 2003

Difference between DVD-R and DVD+R

Now that I have figured out the software to use (thank you everyone who responded) Now I am trying to debate between what type of media to use. I am not sure what the difference between DVD+R and DVD-R actually is? The burner I purchased will burn both types, but is there a difference in quality or speed or anything? Also can anyone reccomend a place where I can purchase blank dvd's in bulk (spindle of 50 or 100) also I would like it if the dvd's didn't have any type of writing on the top of them, basically just the silver metallic finish. Thank you again, this forum is realy a lot of help!!!
  • gchester
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2002

no difference between the to,other than DVD+RW are more expensive to buy

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

And some standalone DVD players seem to be slightly more compatiple with DVD-R than DVD+R.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• gchester
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Feb 2002

its strange but true!! i think thats down to the fact that DVD-R is approved by the DVD forum wheres the DVD+R format isnt officialy reconised by them BETA v's VHS pt II it's gone digital

Comment

• davidbrewster
          • Aug 2003

DVD+ is supposed to burn faster but i havent tested this.

DVD- i have found to be more compatible with stand alone players

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Also can anyone reccomend a place where I can purchase blank dvd's in bulk (spindle of 50 or 100) also I would like it if the dvd's didn't have any type of writing on the top of them, basically just the silver metallic finish."

Try meritline.com. I'd suggest purchasing Ritek DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs.

Two differences DVD-R vs. DVD+R

1) Format - How they are written to/read from

2) DVD-R capacity is approximately 10Mb (no big deal) greater than DVD+R

As others have indirectly alluded to - The most important factor in which you use is simply the requirement of the player that the burned DVD is to be played on. Determine if the player(s) can handle DVD-R, DVD+R, or both, before purchasing burnable DVDs...

Comment

Working...