Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdmiralHappy
    • Aug 2003

more issues with ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility TV-Out not working

I'm having some issues with getting my TV-Out to work (i.e., it won't) on my new laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5100 with an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility graphics card. I know there are a lot of issues with this card's TV-Out function (or lack thereof), so I went and downloaded the newest version of ATI Catalyst (3.6, I believe). I let it do it's thing, but then I get a 'SEVERE' message that says:

INF error
    Video driver not found.

Followed immediately by another 'SEVERE' message:

Setup was unable to complete the installation.
    Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA
    driver before running setup.

This has me pretty confused, because I thought my laptop moniter was XGA. I mean, I know some about display stuff, but yeah, I'm lost. If I can get the drivers installed, then I think I probably have a decent chance of getting it to work (or so I hope).

Wouldn't drivers have to be installed anyway? That's why the last part doesn't make sense to me, that it can't install a driver because it can't detect or whatever the other driver.

I'm leaving for the beach as soon as I wake up in the morning, and so I'll be using a 56K instead of my normal DSL to reply with... but if some of you gurus could point me in the right direction, I'd be very greatful.

--Admiral
  • Aliatar99
    • Aug 2003

I get exactly the same trying to run catalyst on a Dell 4150 with the same ATI Radeon 7500.

Help anyone?

Comment

• Aliatar99
      • Aug 2003

solved

I got it kind of solved. I can't access the catalyst installer program, but I installed a second packaged that I found on the ATI site (control-panel-7-90-030605m-009437c-efg.exe). It seems to work. At least now I can see the video image on the tv set.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...