Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nestorius
    • Aug 2003

DVD duplicating problem

I have about 100 DVDs that were recorded on a Philips DVDR-985 and I need to make copies of them. The problem is that there are read errors that I cannot get past. They all appear about sector 2263770 and vary in length. I have tried almost every copy program that is available and have had no luck. These are very boring survellance videos that need to be copied for work and being the local expert I have volunteered to do the work. I have even tried to copy the files direct to the hard disk and am getting no where.

The DVDs will play on a home DVD player but seem to have problems with any computer DVD player. Without making a master is there any software that will blindly copy these DVDs??

I know this isn't much information but I have tried Pinnacle QuickCopy, DVD Xcopy Express, DVD Xcopy and several ripping packages. I even tried Nero and Roxio Cd Creator.

If anyone can start me in another direction I would be grateful.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The problem is that there are read errors that I cannot get past. They all appear about sector 2263770 and vary in length."

1) Since I don't believe in coincidence, I would ask if you're sure that your computer's DVD reader (or burner) isn't where your problem lays. You might try running a DVD/CD cleaning disk. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

2) Even if they're not encrypted, try using DVDDecrypter to copy the FULL DVD to your hard drive (Use "File" mode, and from the "Edit" drodpown menu, select "ALL files", NOT "movie files"

If, in fact, you eventually ascertain that ALL of the original DVDs actually do have bad sectors in the same general area, you'd better check the burner that's being used to create them...

Comment

• Nestorius
      • Aug 2003

Well after trying everything that I could think of I am still unable to copy 2 of the files. VTS01_0.BUP and VTS.01_2.VOB. I am convinced that this problem is with the Philips burner. I have tried these DVDs on 2 different computers getting the same results. The irony is that they will play on a standard household DVD player. I guess the answer will be to re master these DVDs by playing them and rerecording the video data... Not a very choice option I will assure you. There are 100 of these DVDs and they need 4 copies of each. Once I get a good master I can dupe them 3 at a time. Looks like about 300-400 hours to do the job allowing 3 to 4 hours for each of the 100.

Thanks much for your help in this.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Did you do this?:

2) Even if they're not encrypted, try using DVDDecrypter to copy the FULL DVD to your hard drive (Use "File" mode, and from the "Edit" drodpown menu, select "ALL files", NOT "movie files"

"Thanks much for your help in this....."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Nestorius
          • Aug 2003

Yes I have done this on 2 computers and it is a file that does not copy. I cannot even copy it in dos mode.......The files are indicated as corrupt........The DVDs won't copy in any mode with any software that I can think of.....I even tried CloneDVD and it would not copy this DVD, even to disk......I'll try to remaster on Monday.....If this tropical storm doesn't blow us away!!!!

Again TKS

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Best of luck to you - for both your duplicating needs and the weather ;>}

Comment

Working...