Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jansensan
    • Nov 2002

ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500DV - Big Problem

Alright. So I have this video card with the multimedia center from Ati. I reinstalled everything cuz it gave me stupid problems. I went to ATI.com, got the 'Windows XP - Graphic Driver - Radeon Family' driver (since they werent more specific) and the 'Windows XP - Multimedia Center - All in Wonder Radeaon Family' Driver.

Everything seems approximately ok, but the TV player just doesnt open. There is no eror message, the 'sort of ad window' does show up as if I opened the software, but the software just never opens.

I looked and in the system it says I have the 6.14.10.6378 version of the driver whereas the software says I need the 7.85 version.

Since ATI doesnt give that capture/display driver on their site, WHERE THE HECK CAN I UPDATE THAT DANG DRIVER!?!
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Go to the same place but this time try out the other All-In-One drivers. Start the download but don't save yet, and check whether the file is the required 7.xx version that you need.

Comment

• jansensan
      • Nov 2002

Now i realize wht my problem was... its written in the fine print (always is, aint it?) The most recent version of their software has to be purchased! Damn that all to hell, I took out my old Insatllation CD that came with my card, and did it all anew! now it worx, and damn to hell the corporate people who think that purchased their product a year ago, you cant have customer service. Here. Thanx for help.
      Last edited by jansensan; 7 Sep 2003, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...