• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easier Way?
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2003

Playback with live deinterlacing

Is there any way to view properly deinterlaced live playback of captured avi using filters such as smart-deinterlace in a virtual dub type piece of software?
    I am going to make up a new pc and the deinterlaced capture of the WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe by leadteck is appealing but I was wondering if it is possible to view an interlaced recording live and in good quality, I don't mean bob vs weave.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

FFDShow has deinterlacing capabilities built into its core...

Comment

• Easier Way?
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2003

Enchanter,
      Will look up, thanks

Comment

• Easier Way?
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jan 2003

Enchanter,
        Thanks again, downloaded ffdshow and found it to be some sort of filter, haven't got a clue how to use it. I read the docs and am none the wiser.
        Have you any pointers to where I might get some info?

(later)
        Tried doom9 and here for ffdshow info, no help found. Does it work in the background when using another player such as mediaplayer or powerdvd?, what ffdshow setup is required and does it work with specific avi codecs only? It looks impresive.
        Last edited by Easier Way?; 9 Sep 2003, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Firstly, you need to make sure that FFDShow handles the FourCC code of your particular AVI file. Look into FFDShow's Configuration window, under the Codecs tab, to see the list of supported FourCC codes. "Enable" the particular FourCC code that applies to your captured video (if you have no idea what the FourCC code of your video is, GSpot and/or Virtualdub's File Information can help here). FFDShow will become the default playback filter in use the next time the video (and others having the same FourCC code) is played (using any media players).

To enable the Deinterlacing capabilities of FFDShow, simply tick the Deinterlacing box under the Image Settings tab. I have not played around with this feature much though, but I trust you can have fun with it on your own.

Comment

• Easier Way?
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Jan 2003

Really big thank you Enchanter.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment