Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hipsterdoufus
    • Jan 2002

whats the best TV tuner card?

I want a card to watch tv and also connect a vcr to my pc for converting vhs to dvd. Should i get a pinnacle or and ati all in wonder or is there another card that is good?
  • XBucklawX
    • Mar 2003

I'm looking to upgrade my capture card.

I have an ATI TV WONDER PCI BUS, and i find that it only captures at 320 X 240.
    Like hipsterdoufus, I bought the card to transfer VHS tapes to DVD.

Is there a card out there that captures at 720 X 480 without loss of quality during a resize?
    Capturing at 320 X 240 then trying to play that on a 27 inch TV makes the video all blocky !!!!!!!!!!

Hipsterdoufus, my advice would be to try one of the other cards on the market, not sure which one though.

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

Hiya!
      I used to have an ATI All-in-Wonder with my earlier machine - ok for watching live but ..!
      Present Hauppauge WinTV Go is ok for live too and monitoring video OSD but vast dropout on recording!
      Newly acquired Hauppauge Nova-t terrestrial digital card (UK) is better and records MPEG2 files directly but am having a big problem getting them onto a DVD! Also, this card being digital does not have an input for VCR.
      The Hauppauge PVR series seem the next logical choice for what I want, TV recording and transfer from video to DVD. The 250 has hardware encoding, the 350 hardware encode AND decode.
      I hope this info helps
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

hmm, new kid on the block! check out the media center!

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

Reviews of Hauppauge PVR 350

I found this today:
          Shopping.com is a leading price comparison site that allows you shop online for the best deals and lowest prices. You can read unbiased product reviews and compare prices online. Online shopping has never been as easy!

Comment

Working...