Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gavin1910
    • Sep 2003

Real Media 9 >>> DVD

i have a .rm file that i want to author to dvd but no progs i have tried will accept it. then i tried to convert it to another format but none of these will recognise the file either. I am able to burn the file to dvd but only for storage, the dvd player won't take it. Any ideas? Im attaching details of the file if that is any help.

p.s u yanks have me saying author ( authour )
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i tried to convert it to another format"

Use EO (or the poorer converter, TINRA) to convert to .AVI...

Comment

• Gavin1910
      • Sep 2003

ok i actually had EO installed from a few weeks back and forgot i had it. i also got tinra but it was a dead end. so i experimented with EO and various output settings but none were satisfactory. what i mean is that although they were as good a quality as the original, i had hoped to improve on it somewhat. although the download was from a premium source and was without problems, the clip ( 3hrs ) itself is only worth watching in its original form of 320x240; any larger and it becomes very pixellated in places. i also tried to convert these small trial AVIs to MPEG2 with TMPGEnc but the quality remained the same. Is there any way for me to improve on the quality of the clip either from rm>avi or avi>mpeg2; also which of the given codecs in EO would be the best to use for rm>avi? I really want to get this one to DVD in watchable form ( ie at least VHS standard ). Thank you.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Is there any way for me to improve on the quality of the clip"

Two old sayings come to mind:

You can't make gold from lead

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear

Comment

Working...