X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damsan05
    • Jun 2003

DVD Ripping by chapter editing

Hi Everyone,

Do you know of any ripping tool in which you can edit each chapter when ripping a DVD? Like for example set starting and ending point to be ripped in each chapter? Or maybe even better, set multiple staring and ending points in each chapter?

Thanks,
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DVD Shrink v.3.0beta5, in "Re-author" mode...

Comment

• damsan05
      • Jun 2003

Thanks Setarip.

Editing of original VOBs worked in DVD Shrink 3.0. Actually DVD Shrink 2.3 also supports the same thing I just tried it yesterday.

I have another problem though, I hope someone can give me a hand here....
      I edit the VOBs with DVD Shrink and leave only the parts which I want to keep, but when I play that movie on my standalone player the image freezes for 2-3 seconds on the points where I cut the original VOB. Since my movie is now separated in 3 different parts (streams) this short freeze happens when player ends reading previous stream and starts reading the following one (I have a VTS1.IFO, VTS2.IFO and VTS3.IFO files with pertaining VOB files).
      I have partially fixed that problem with File Merge & IFOEdit by merging all IFOs together into one file and all VOBs together into one file, then separating the VOBs into 1GB each and creating new IFO files with IFOEdit. The video plays seamlessly now without freezing but the negative thing is that IFOEdit assigned the chapters automatically and I want to change that. Questions are:

1. Does anyone know any better way of re-arranging those cut VOB and IFO files besides using IFOEdit
      2. Does anyone know how to change chapter points in IFOEdit?

Thanks,

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"1. Does anyone know any better way of re-arranging those cut VOB and IFO files besides using IFOEdit
        2. Does anyone know how to change chapter points in IFOEdit?"

Use TMPGEnc DVD Author (different than TMPGEnc) to accomplish both.

"Thanks Setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• damsan05
          • Jun 2003

Hi Setarip,

Actually I found the way to do both in IFOEDit. There is a way in IFOEdit to reassign the chapters and change chapter points. It is fast (5 minutes), it is efficient and works well!

Thanks,

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma!

Comment

Working...