X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • factoryfeatures
    • Sep 2003

Having a DVD 2 AVI back to DVD Problem

Please help me with a step by step.

1) I ripped a DVD that is Telecined Film.
    2) I use DVD2AVI and it confirms that my picture is 23.976 FIlm Progessive Scan material.
    3) I need to import those 23.976 AVI's into my Avid Editing System and cut them for a presentation reel. However, when Avid imports a clip it will only run it at 29.997 and allows you to choose Interlaced or Non-Interlaced.
    4) When I export the Clip out of Avid in any format (i.e. QT, AVI, MPEG2, etc) I think the clip is now a 29.997 clip by default.

THE PROBLEM is that the Clip now stutters and Jitters on motion shots after I burn it back to DVD. I assume this has to do with 3:2 pulldown and Progressive Scan being interlaced. I have no idea.

I have all the little proggies for ripping and converting, DVD2AVI, VirtualDub, TMPGenc, VOBedit, etc.)

Please walk me through converting the VOB to burning it back to DVD so it is properly IVTC'ed.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If your editing is simply cutting clips, you are sacrificing time, effort, and most of all, quality by converting from DVD to .AVI and then back again to DVD.

You can simply use (excellent freeware) DVD Shrink in the "Re-author" mode to cut and merge your clips directly from the original DVD - and save as a complete DVD "package" (All needed .IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) ready for burning...

Comment

• factoryfeatures
      • Sep 2003

Thanks. But I am coloring them, merging them with other material on a timeline, it is little more then just cutting a clip and then re-burning. They have to be imported into an Non-Linear Editing Program like Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premiere.

So with that said. How do I convert them from 23.976 to 29.997 (i.e. apply the proper Pulldown)?
      Last edited by factoryfeatures; 26 Sep 2003, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...