X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calitas
    • Sep 2003

Playstation 2

Hi there.

I'm from Portugal, Europe. I have a friend that is the owner of a Playstation 2, the serial number is C3328646 and the model is SCPH 30004.

Now, he already could see a DVD in the ps2 that was in DVD-R, I recently bought a DVD-Recorder (Plextor PX-708A), and I have burned some DVD's whit Nero, but don't work in the ps2.

Can someone say to me what version is this ps2?

Is someone out there that has this model of ps2? And can read DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW, if so; can give some tips how to burn or what I can do to my records work in ps2?

tks

Calitas
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

i'm not totaly sure what you are trying to ask but I can tell you the PS2 is NOT compatable with DVD+R/RW media. The PS2 was released a few years prior to this format.

The PS2 should be able to play DVD-R and DVD-RW though. It might not like the media brand you chose or the speed used to record I guess.

My PS2 is version 300001 R or whatever (NTSC) but I never have bothered to try any DVD-R/RW in it unfortinitly as I havent got a burner yet

Comment

• hacktek
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by GeneralLeoFF
      i'm not totaly sure what you are trying to ask but I can tell you the PS2 is NOT compatable with DVD+R/RW media. The PS2 was released a few years prior to this format.

The PS2 should be able to play DVD-R and DVD-RW though. It might not like the media brand you chose or the speed used to record I guess.

My PS2 is version 300001 R or whatever (NTSC) but I never have bothered to try any DVD-R/RW in it unfortinitly as I havent got a burner yet
      That's not quite true, i have the same version as you and i play ps2 games and dvd video burned on DVD+R. It even plays DVD+RW flawless even when it's been erased multiple times

Comment

Working...