X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tux
    • Sep 2003

SVCD to DVD ?

How do I convert svcd to dvd??

I have 2 804mb .mpg files and I figured all i would have to do would be to join the two files together and then with that larger single file, use TMPGenc DVD Author ato create the necessary files. However, I cant even seem to join them together. I have used a few different programs and the only one i got anywhere with was Wiagra. And it said that my files were an unrecognised format?? All the other programs timed out on me everytime i tried to add the files to join. I have seen guides which explain how to do this, however they are extremely lengthy, and they even talk about converting to avi?? now I would have thought that considering that I already have *.mpg files I wouldnt need to reencode anymore?

Anyone help will be greatly appreciated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"How do I convert svcd to dvd??"

DVDLab will accept SVCDs DIRECTLY for conversion to DVD.

There is no need to join the SVCD files - just load them as two consecutive tracks/"movies"/titles...

If you prefer to work with TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD Author:

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert each of the SVCDs to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If identical formats, load each of the SVCDs into the same track. If they are at all different, load as separate tracks

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• tux
      • Sep 2003

ok, looks like i gotta grab DVDLab , thanks setarip
      ill let u know how i go

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks setarip"

My pleasure ;>}