Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reznor
    • Oct 2003

Radeon9800pro - TV out - distortions

I wonder if anyone can help me getting rid of distortions on my TV when with my TV-out

It looks lika a white wave pattern moving verticaly from top to bottom. I tried to use the settings under Display properties like "Contrast" and "Flicker removal". But I can´t get rid of it.

I checked my cable and filters, everything works fine. Just a couple of days ago I TV-out worked great with my GForce Ti200.

I truly like my 9800pro and would like to get a god TV out picture.

Can someone help

thx

r
    e
    z
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Sounds a lot like interference on the cable. Have you tried other cables yet? Are there anything that is not magnetically shielded and yet is put close to the TV (so that it causes disturbance on the TV display)?

Comment

• Youngblood2k6
      • May 2006

To get better reception and more channels, my friend told me that you must install a filter device. He got the device from this site: http://www.hdfilters.com and they have helped him install the device. You can check the technical details of this filter on that site. Just a friendly suggestion to those who are having problems regarding receptions and has a few channels to access.

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

Hi everyone!

Its called beat frequency interference, probably a harmonic from either the cpu frequency or buss frequency, and it is strong enough to be entering the cables and or device.

Any frequency generated produces harmonics. In RF transmitters, harmonics are heavily supressed by filter networks on the output. In pc's, there is no heavy filtering other than the filter coils and capacitor banks across the power rails near the power connector on the motherboard and within the power supply. But there is no heavy filtering of the CPU, the buss controller or any other processor like on video cards etc.

Just for fun one day I took a IFR 3000 communications test set and placed a probe inside a pc case. I had the IFR scan the entire EM spectrum to look for any spurious harmonics generated by the main CPU. To my amazement, the IFR found over 40 harmonics on both sides of the primary CPU frequency (2.4Ghz) that spanned a bandwidth of over 300Mhz!!! That is a HUGE spread of harmonics. The harmonics were also at a sufficient signal strength to cause interference problems with outside equipment as well as very poor isolated tv/video capture cards.

Tho motherboards are built with adequate ground plane printed circuit boards to help prevent this kind of problem, along with internal shielding inside the CPU, but it does not fully prevent interference, thus there are filters available to help supress the interference.

Its always something...isn't it!

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...