• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr John Murdoch
    • Sep 2003

Ripss playback on hdd not dvd?

I cant playback files burnt on dvd.
    No problem from hdd with power dvd.

I make an encoded buckup of a dvd video (mpeg2) from shrink2.3 in full disk mode ( to keep all files intact) to my hdd ready to burn on a 4.3 dvd rewritable.
    It all seems fine because when I try playing back the ripped files from power dvd its flawless.

Only when I burn the "bup, ifo, vob's", (same order) to dvd then power dvd does not recognise the disk, and windwoes xp plays some and skip many files..

After doing a search I came across a thread that said " the files proper order should be in; "ifo, vob, bup" and that I presume this is a windwoes mucking up the arrangement to alphabetical order situation.

I've tried opening the files from nero burning rom 5.5 and record now 4.3 and the files still appear in the order > "bup, ifo, vob".

I've tried arranging the files manually in both of the above burning programs and windows folder but it does not allow..

Im at the stage where Im going to start punching my self out, some one please help and show me where Im going wrong!!

I am using pioneer 106D with the included software sonic record now 4.3.
    I've also tried nero burning rom 5.5 but too many problems with this so I will try this another time if cant get it working with record now.

Any help will be Greatly Apreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mr John Murdoch; 10 Oct 2003, 02:30 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Whatever burning software you use, and whatever mode you use in the burning software, make certain that ALL of the DVD related files are placed in a folder named VIDEO_TS (MUST be ALL capitals) - and create an empty AUDIO_TS folder (cautionary), as well...

Comment

• Mr John Murdoch
      • Sep 2003

YES!

Thanks Setarip.

After having posted my issue, I did another search which brought me to "your" answer VIDEO_TS and the cautionary AUDIO_TS...

I went home, tried it out, and yes..., it works!

What would this forum do without you... Thanks a 1.000.000

On another topic, I've experimented with maximum compression settings to see if I can notice any artifacts.., and it seems that the higher the compressed files have larger pixelated blocks discernable in brighter colors, and a ratio of 5 works best to a maximum degree IMO.

Is this the type of artifactual response akin to compression utilities like DVDShrink?

Have you ever compared DIVX to DVD (mpeg2) compressed at a ratio of 10?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I went home, tried it out, and yes..., it works! What would this forum do without you... Thanks a 1.000.000"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...