Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GalFisk
    • Feb 2003

Dual audio tracks with different sampling rate=speed problem

I have an AVI where I'd like to add two tracks with different bitrate/sample rate. They play fine with Media Player Classic, but in Media Player 9, when I switch to the secondary stream (using Morgan Stream Switcher) both audio and video plays at too high speed. Is there some way to fix that? Is different sample rates the problem (which I suspect)?
    I'm using BeSweet/LAME to convert the AC3 to MP3, and when I specify 80kbps for the secondary track, LAME automatically lowers the sample rate to 32khz, is there a way to override that, or is it a limitation in LAME?
    I'm thankful for any answers that might help.
    Edit: Nevermind about LAME, I found out why it does as it does and how to override it. I'm still wondering why Media Player has these problems though...
    Last edited by GalFisk; 11 Oct 2003, 05:33 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

There are nothing but complaints regarding the performance, or lack thereof, of Windows Media Player v.9.

I'd strongly suggest you install good ol' reliable Windows Media Player v.6.4, as follows:

Desktop>>Start>>Run Then type MPLAYER2.EXE

Reboot

Comment

• GalFisk
      • Feb 2003

The problem isn't really with the media player itself, 6.4 has the same problem. Maybe it's a limitation of Morgan Stream Switcher, Mediaplayer Classic uses it's own switcher and there it works correctly. but I'd want people with the crappy players to be able to view the clip too...
      As I said I've found a solution that works, but I'm interested in knowing why this happen...

Comment

• ChristianHJW
        matroska project member
        • May 2003

In AVI you cant do that ... but matroska container supports this just fine .... more info on http://www.matroska.org
        Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

I suggest to abandon the WM player and use a more capable freewareplayer instead.....

I am recommending either Bs player or MV2 player

they also do not need any streamswitcher installed
          so you might even discard them as well....

both players can be found at the softwaresection of
          Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates

Comment

• shiny#3
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jul 2003

by the way when you are muxing with virtualdub mod
            or similar and you have two totally different soundformats ... I also recommend interleaving by millisecond and not by frame

Comment

Working...