Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powertech
    • Oct 2003

Radeon 8500DV problems

friends, when I try to use TV on Demand, the video works right but the audio continues in real time, godzilla movie style. Also, I get no audio when I use the digital VCR and play back the file.
    any suggestions?

Problem started when I upgraded to Audigy2 Platinum ex. sound card from the integrated audio on the motherboaed.
    On All Channels:

All volumn levels set properly (Record and Playback).

No mutes on.

All cable connections checked the maximum number of times before infinity.

Mobo: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    Graphics: ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV
    Sound: Creative Audigy2 Platinum EX
    Memory: 1 Gig
    What gives? Please help. Thanks.
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

you problyjust have to change some settings in the software you are using. it is probly still using the old sound card (sound is acctualy recording but thers no sourse so sound is silent).

As for audi still playing... do you have the audio conected directly to the audigy? if you do you proly bypased the 8500 DVs ability to ontroll the TV sound.

It;s all most likley though that the software your using is still using the original onboard sound.

Comment

• powertech
      • Oct 2003

Thank you very much for replying to my post. Your advice was much appreciated.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

Is the problem fixed?

You might end up having to open the PC again and change a jumper to turn the onboard sound off (hope you saved the books that came with it ) unless you have an option in the BIOS to disable it. There is also a chance it wont conflict none and you can keep both active. Many people like to have duel soundcards so they can rout one to another room for watching movies on a TV and use the other for the PC.

To make things more clear what I mean about bypassing the TV tunners ability to controll the sound is many TV tunners have a jumper cable that conects from the video card to the line-in on a sound card. Conecting any audio source (TV, Video game, Whatever...) directly to the Line-In will result in the audi always playing regardless of you having any programs running that you want to acctualy use that audio.

On my setup I conected directly to the line in so if I close my TV viewer the sound will still play from my cable box (I also bypass the TV tuner on the card and just use the composite)

my TV tuner (WinDVD Recorder) program is able to directly handle the line-in though so as long as WinDVD is open I can controll the volume and still pase, record and time sync TV without audio de sync. However if I didnt tell WinDVD to use the line-in it would not be able to controll the sound and if I paused or time synced the audio would still play on (this is becose it;s playing directly and WinDVD isnt doing it).

This is what I think is your problem. your viewer is looking for the old sound card and you have audio running through the audigy direct.

Comment

• powertech
          • Oct 2003

I haven't gotten around to correcting this problem yet, but the information you have given me makes good sense. All things I should have done before asking for help. What can I say. I'm a 3 on 1 to 10.
          Dewayne

Comment

Working...